You can both pick up and return a Pocket WiFi at Narita Airport Terminal 2, and it is very convenient.
Even after arriving at Narita Airport Terminal 2, you can rent a pocket WiFi.
However, we strongly recommend that you pre-order the pocket WiFi beforehand.
Let us quote a few words explaining a reason why you should pre-order pocket WiFi router.
If you are considering renting a pocket WiFi or buying a SIM card at stores at Narita Airport Terminal 2
Narita Airport Terminal 2 Pocket WiFi/Data SIM Rental Service
unfortunately, you can not always rent/buy it because their stock may run out.
Especially during peak season (March, April, December), you highly likely to feel very uncomfortable because
you may find that there are no stock of pocket WiFi/Prepaid SIM or you have to wait in a long line for a long time.
Also, their prices are very high.
VisitJapanPlaces has the same opinion on that.
In case you do not pre-order a Pocket WiFi and receive it at Narita Airport Terminal 2, you may have the following disadvantages:
- Unavailable to rent the device due to a lack of stock during high season.
- It takes too much time to the process of renting.
- Ordering costs much more than pre-ordering.
That's why, we recommend that you pre-order a pocket WiFi rental.
Just by pre-ordering it online, you can smoothly receive a pocket WiFi at a reasonable price.
We've listed providers below, offering such rental service.
To receive a pocket WiFi through the providers below, there are two major places:
Airport Post Office and Dedicated Counter.
Major differences between them are:
- If a provider sets an airport post office as a place to receive, shipping fee is relatively cheaper than the other.
- Even if you cannot receive a pocket WiFi, some providers give you a refund or transfer it to a new address you provide.
- Some providers set a dedicated counter a place to receive, and which tend to be located near the arrival lobby and has longer business hours than the other.
- In case a provider has a dedicated counter, its rental cost tends to be higher accordingly.
Easiest Way to Return A Pocket WiFi: Just Drop It in Postbox
There are various methods for returning a pocket WiFi, and they vary depending on a provider.
However, some providers offer the easiest way to return among them.
They offer a prepaid return envelope, and all you have to do is place all rental items into the return envelope, seal it, and then drop it in postbox anywhere in Japan.
Postboxes are located really at many locations such as airports, convenience stores (Lawson), and around stations.